Exquisite Presidio Heights Home
This exquisite, 6 bedroom, 5-full, and 3-half bath home is situated on a beautiful, tree-lined street in Prime Presidio Heights – one of San Francisco’s most sought-after neighborhoods. A sophisticated palette creates a cohesive backdrop to the classic architecture embellished ‘to the moment’ by a New York Designer. The home showcases luxurious finishes and fixtures, a thoroughly modern floor plan with today’s most popular features, and multiple decks to produce the indoor-outdoor lifestyle so desirable today. The new central staircase with glass railings introduces each level and an elevator provides convenience from the 2-car garage to each floor of the residence. Seamlessly used today as a single-family home, there is an au-pair unit that is legal and may be rented. The beautifully landscaped south garden with fire pit and built-in BBQ is accessed from the lower level great room. (Home furnishings may be purchased separately.)
Main Level: Enter to the foyer that announces the public rooms. A dramatic skylight-topped, glass staircase introduces each level and naturally illuminates the home’s central core. The living room features a handsome, stone-faced fireplace, bay windows that frame the charming streetscape and French doors that open to a balcony also accessible from the formal dining room. The generous formal dining room is designed to host both large and intimate gatherings. A dramatic, a glass-fronted, 1000+ temperature-controlled wine room and adjacent wet bar are located off the central hall. On the sunny south side of the home, the delightful gourmet kitchen-great room is at the top of everyone’s wish list. The kitchen is equipped with Miele, Sub-Zero and Thermador appliances, and opens to a butler’s pantry with its own sink and dishwasher. A stunning, waterfall-style Calacatta marble island accommodates informal dining. The adjacent breakfast area and family room are open plan for today’s casual lifestyle. Completing this level is a powder room discreetly located off the central passageway.
2nd Level: The upper level boasts four bedrooms on the same floor including the spacious master suite. The master bedroom features a large sunny terrace and an ensuite sitting area with a fireplace flanked by beautiful custom built-in cabinets. The master bath is divine and showcases a book-matched Calacatta marble wall that accentuates the sculptural soaking tub. In addition, there is a dual sink vanity and a glass-enclosed stall shower. A large, custom-fitted dressing room completes this spectacular suite. Down the hall, two bedrooms, each equipped with its own custom desk and storage cabinets, open to the shared bath with dual sink vanity and stall shower. The fourth bedroom has a custom built-in desk with storage and its own ensuite bath. All of the bedrooms have custom, automated black-out shades in addition to the gorgeous window coverings. All of the closets have been custom fitted. A generous laundry room with sink and storage completes this bedroom level.
3rd Level: The top floor has a sunny room that may be used as an office, game room or additional sitting room. It opens to a large, sunny terrace with fire pit and stunning city views. A half bath is conveniently located adjacent to this room. A spacious guest bedroom with walk-in closet and ensuite bath completes this level.
Lower Level: The lower level contains a legal unit with direct access to the magnificent backyard. The open floor plan offers a family room/great room with fireplace, kitchen and dining room, allowing for a variety of entertainment options. The generous hallway leads to a bedroom ensuite, powder room and access to the elevator foyer and two-car garage.
A tradesmen's entrance spans the entire west side of the building and provides separate access to the lower level and garden. The beautifully landscaped backyard has two deck levels that step down to grass inlaid with a lovely design of concrete pavers with a fire pit. A built-in grill is convenient for outdoor entertaining.
- Approx. Lot Size: 30' x 130'
- 6 Bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 powder rooms
- 2 kitchens, 3 family rooms
- Bedroom level has 4 bedrooms on one level
- Exquisite designer finishes throughout including custom wall finishes, floor coverings, light fixtures and window coverings (some automated) from a New York Designer
- Gourmet kitchen-family room (great room)
- 1000+ bottle temperature-controlled wine room plus adjacent wet bar
- Lower level au pair/apartment with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, powder room and open plan kitchen-great room
- Direct access to backyard with fire pit and built-in barbecue from the lower level
- Elevator from the garage to each level of the home
- Balconies, terraces, and architecturally-inspired backyard
- White oak hewn flooring with radiant heat
- Extensive use of beautiful marble & stone finishes including Calacatta marble slabs
- LED recessed lights and some built-in speakers
- Hansgrohe fixtures
- Abundant storage space featured throughout
- Control4 Home Automation System
- Tradesmen’s entrance spanning the length of the building
- 2-car garage with interior access to the home and elevator
- Irrigation system
- Walk score of 91 – ‘A Walkers’ Paradise’ – “Daily errands do not require a car”
Janet Feinberg Schindler
The Trusted Name in SF Real EstateConsistently Ranked by the Wall Street Journal in the Top Realtors Nationwide.Sotheby's International RealtycalDRE# 00859528415.265.5994 mobile415.296.2211 directwww.JanetSchindler.com